Green Light sites - always okay to explore
Yellow Light sites – discuss with an adult before using
1) Try the RES library catalog, OPALS
2)Try school-recommended sites on the library web page
3)Try other search engines besides Google:
4) Broader and Narrower Search Terms
- Not enough results? Use a broader term: “bears”
- Too many results? Use a narrower term: “grizzly bears”
5) Is this a good website for me?
- Can the author be trusted?
- Does this site have the information I need?
- Is the information accurate? (not a tree octopus!)
- Is this site up to date?
- Is the reading level good for me?